Exile Guild Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exile Guild Forums

Exile Ftw

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guild Rules and Policies.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Nemneh
The GoDFather
The GoDFather
Nemneh

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Guild Rules and Policies. Empty
PostSubject: Guild Rules and Policies.   Guild Rules and Policies. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2007 9:36 am

Guild Rules:

1. General Behaviour:
While we leave it very much up to the individual as to how they act there are a few expectations we have of our members. Always be mindful that we're an extremely diverse guild so what you think of as 'funny' may be offensive to some members. Although members are encouraged to help each other out, you should not make demands of other members - being in Exile doesn't entitle you to anything. If you give then so will others.

1a. Be polite and respectful to guild members. There's nothing wrong with disagreeing with someone - but there's no excuse for rudeness.

1b. No defamation of the guild's reputation. This includes making negative comments about the guild to other players - if you have a problem with the guild then take it up with an officer.

1c. No begging (guild members or otherwise). There's nothing wrong with asking for help, but begging for help/gold/boosts etc is not allowed.

1d. No selling on guildchat. Offering items/services free of charge is acceptable though. I intend to make a professions thread soon for people to use.

1e. Respect the server rules. We are not an RP guild, and as such we do not force our members to roleplay. However, we do require you to respect that this is an RP realm with a code of conduct - follow it.

1f. No ninjaing. There is no reason to do this EVER and it won't be tolerated.

2. Raiding:
In keeping with the friendly, casual nature of our guild we have a reasonably relaxed approach to raiding. However we do need to keep a few rules to ensure successful and enjoyable raiding, as follows below. Raids are announced and organised through GroupCalendar. Signing up is optional, although raidspots will be given with preference to those who signed (within reason of course). You will never be forced to raid if you do not wish to, it is an option for those that wish to. Likewise you'll never be made to respec for raiding, although obviously if you're having trouble getting a raid spot you might want to.

2a. Required mods: GroupCalendar, KTM (Threat meter), a boss warnings mod (your choice, whatever works for you!). These mods are REQUIRED for guild raids. If you have problems installing/finding them then ask an officer.

2b. If you signed up for a raid you are expected to show up. If your plans have changed and you can't attend then you are expected to left someone know.

2c. Show up for raids on time. If the raid is schedualled for 8:00, this means you are expected to be at standing outside Karazhan, fully repaired, with relevant consumables/items AT 8:00. It does not mean log on at 8:00.

2d. Get on Ventrillo. You don't have to talk if you really don't want to (some people can't help that they're shy!) but you're expected to listen. If you have problems with using Vent (such as lag, errors, etc) then sort them out IN ADVANCE. If your machine is capable of running WOW at more than 10fps and you're on broadband then you shouldn't be having any problems with Vent.

2e. No raiding with other guilds. Our guild is now big enough for regular Karazhan raids so there's no reason to jump in with other groups. If you're having problems getting a raidspot then talk to an officer.

2f. We use DKP for assigning all blue/purple items dropped during a raid. See the DKP thread for information about the system we use (coming soon!). This is for future reference, until we've set a system we'll carry on need/sharding drops.

2g. Read the thread entitled 'Basic Raiding Practices'. Coming soon!

3. PvP:
We have few rules or policies on PvP as we leave it up to the individual. If you wish to gank/grief/camp Hordies then go for it. The only thing we ask is that you do not attack hordies outside Karazhan as it greatly inconvieniences the raid.

Last edited by on Wed May 02, 2007 4:51 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nemneh
The GoDFather
The GoDFather
Nemneh

PostSubject: Re: Guild Rules and Policies.   Guild Rules and Policies. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2007 9:37 am

oh yeha and whoever is a moderator around here (is it just Aka?) can you sticky this please?
Back to top Go down
Xtenias
The GoDFather
The GoDFather
Xtenias

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2007-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Guild Rules and Policies.   Guild Rules and Policies. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2007 3:39 am

ok. the GM read all and not unsterstand a few things./// i agree with all. they look to me fine, the rules i mean. however i would like to be an rp guild... but it will take time and chenge of people i think.

and kris, i 'd like to skeak to u sometime to understand things better... so /w me when u se me online couse i dont remember your alts. xtenias+edem(its me)

sorry to put in all of this ... and thank u man.

ps./ im the 1st to reply? ....not good!!! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Nemneh
The GoDFather
The GoDFather
Nemneh

PostSubject: Re: Guild Rules and Policies.   Guild Rules and Policies. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2007 10:48 am

Yeah you're not only the first reply but judging by the small number of views (most of which are me checking to see if anyone's replied") most people haven't even read it yet.

Oh well. No
Back to top Go down
Stephens

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Guild Rules and Policies.   Guild Rules and Policies. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2007 7:09 pm

I read it lol, I agree with most of it, but I dont understand the part about the raids assigning the blue/purple items, please expand on that Very Happy

Your friendly neighborhood lock
Stephens
Back to top Go down
Nemneh
The GoDFather
The GoDFather
Nemneh

PostSubject: Re: Guild Rules and Policies.   Guild Rules and Policies. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2007 3:31 am

At the moment we're just rolling need/shard on them. But (like most guilds) we'll be using a dkp system soon, where you bid using points for items when they drop. You gain points by showing up for raids ontime, spending time in the raid, downing bosses, etc. The details will be posted once they've been sorted out as there's a lot of different ways to do a dkp system. (for more info look up dkp on wowwiki.com)
Back to top Go down
erivien

erivien

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Guild Rules and Policies.   Guild Rules and Policies. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 9:15 am

I think they are ok. I agree with requiring ktm, gc, etc since those things only work well if everyone uses them. Just there is one thing I don't agree on, the rule about selling to guild people. I understand you dont want /g to be spammed akin to the trade channel but I think we should offer items to guild members first obviously for a lower price than AH rather than all of us having our own private commercial entities. Just a thought though.
Back to top Go down
http://tehste.com
Nemneh
The GoDFather
The GoDFather
Nemneh

PostSubject: Re: Guild Rules and Policies.   Guild Rules and Policies. Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 4:44 am

erivien wrote:
I think they are ok. I agree with requiring ktm, gc, etc since those things only work well if everyone uses them. Just there is one thing I don't agree on, the rule about selling to guild people. I understand you dont want /g to be spammed akin to the trade channel but I think we should offer items to guild members first obviously for a lower price than AH rather than all of us having our own private commercial entities. Just a thought though.

If you get a blue/epic BoE drop and want to offer it to guildies for a cheaper price then you can /w the appropriate people. Whatever item drops there will likely only be one or two people around who would benefit from the item. I think it's better to do it with a couple of /w rather than spamming up /g.

Buying on the other hand I think is different. If you want something crafted/transmuted/enchanted/etc there's nothing wrong with asking in /g as it's the best way of doing it. Although before asking if there's any alchemists around take a quick look on the guild listing - a lot of people put their tradeskills in the note.

I think it's important to try and keep guild chat as 'chatty' as possible so it's kept entertaining and interesting, if we use it for too much mundane/boring stuff that only applies to the 2 people talking then it can be a little irritating. People should never be tempted to turn off their guildchat.
Back to top Go down
erivien

erivien

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Guild Rules and Policies.   Guild Rules and Policies. Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 5:20 pm

omg!! you can turn off guild chat?!?!!
Back to top Go down
http://tehste.com
Aenimus

Aenimus

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Guild Rules and Policies.   Guild Rules and Policies. Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 10:48 am

(maybe late) I read them and all are OK with me. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guild Rules and Policies.   Guild Rules and Policies. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guild Rules and Policies.
Page 1 of 1