Exile Guild Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exile Guild Forums

Exile Ftw

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just few boring tips

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ozric

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-05-20

Just few boring tips Empty
PostSubject: Just few boring tips   Just few boring tips Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 6:57 am

Although all tanks should be encouraged to find their tanking style and build their gear and talent spec on it, i decided to write down a few tips for the new warriors who reached lvl 70 (gz, now starts the real pain) hoping they ll find some of them useful.

Defence is the tank's most important stat.You should aim to reach Defence 490 at least because this is the number you need to be immune to critical hits from all mobs/bosses in game. No crits = less burst dmg recieved = easier for healer to keep your health up.
25% block should be enough since Shield Block spell gives you +75% block chance making it 100% for 6 seconds while having 5 sec cooldown without activating your global spell cooldown which means you can have it always up while tanking.
You do not need high attack power to tank properly.Most of your threat comes from your spells and not your dmg if you use them wisely.It helps at generating rage but in endgame mobs hit you really hard which means you generate enough rage to use your spells (many times you will generate more rage than you can actually spend so remember to burn it with some heroic strikes, they do not activate global spell cooldown).
Aggro management is not only tank's responsibility, it relies heavily on all group members.Always discuss crowd control options before pulling a large group of mobs.

I hope some will find useful and easy to understand the things above.Will probably write more soon if i m not bored, about talents maybe. /whisp me ingame if you want to ask something, i m always glad to help other people tank and learn from them also.
Back to top Go down

Just few boring tips
Page 1 of 1