Exile Guild Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exile Guild Forums

Exile Ftw

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Olaf's handy PvP tips

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Olaffjelltop

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-01-12

Olaf's  handy PvP tips Empty
PostSubject: Olaf's handy PvP tips   Olaf's  handy PvP tips Icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2007 3:23 am

While I consider meself as a mediocre PvPer, it amazes me how many huntards out there ignore some basic tips o' surviving in PvP combat. Even if I hate it, I have to scream "DIE NOOB" to the enemy hunter when I see him running around panicked, trying to get away from Batsmannstau (aye, that's me pet Smile )... So I present ye some handy tips ta have in mind when engagin' in PvP either World or BG-wise:

1. When ye see an enemy pet attacking ye, place a Freezing trap before you. A serious amount of DPS of the enemy has just been disabled! Especially when the enemy is a BM hunter...
2. Don't forget that even while you're not a casting class, you too have mana. Enemy hunters usually serpent sting me for a silly amount of poison, while I Viper sting them. I may not cause them, say 200 DoT, but if they loose half their mana, I surelly won't get many Arcane shots (ouch)! At least not as many as I may lay upon them...
3. Druids in beast form are considered, well, beasts: they are vulnerable to "Scare beast" Razz ...A "noob" "durid" once in WSG died by me hands 4 times in a row ( cyclops ) that way. The 5th time I was casting it a rogue saved his bear @ss Razz
4. Spam flares. they are cheap (manawise) and can save ya lotssa times. even cast them randomly when ye run around in a BG. you can't imagine where those sneaky rogues tend ta hide!
5. When fighting rogues, Wing-clip and Frost trap are your best friends: a rogue's siriously incapacited by this movement reduction.
6. Enable combat text (interface menu): it is really easy now to watch when you dodge, so you cannot forget to Moongoose Bite yor melee opponent.
7. If yer an engineer, always carry big bombs or dynamites with ye, and keep them handy: if trapped in place by a mage who's got in your dead-zone (between 3-8 feet) and ye don't have Scatter Shot ready you can bomb him! He even might be stunned fer around 4 seconds Razz

...well, that's it fer the time being. I hope ye'll find 'em useful, and be sure that more o' these will follow Wink

edit: typos Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.lordimpaler.com/
Xylvia

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Olaf's handy PvP tips   Olaf's  handy PvP tips Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 5:04 am

Yeah ! but if the hunter is bm he got a talent that the magic lol!
Back to top Go down
Xylvia

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Olaf's handy PvP tips   Olaf's  handy PvP tips Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 5:06 am

lol ^ , if ur bm u got a talent that dispell everything . Only way it can be stopped is if u kill it .
Back to top Go down
erivien

erivien

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Olaf's handy PvP tips   Olaf's  handy PvP tips Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2007 12:49 am

hunters are a ranged class so tactics are quite simple in theory. keep distance and keep hitting with your ranged attack. In practice it's hard to do sometimes because other classes have ways to get you where they want you too.

Every talent build has tricks to help hunters keep distance so whatever you decide to go with you should know how you can get the enemy where you want (out of your deadzone and within range)

Also worth remembering is that snake traps are great against many classes, they double cast time. reduce movement speed, apply a DOT and piss off your opponent. All this for 15 secs. Not too shabby.
Back to top Go down
http://tehste.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Olaf's handy PvP tips   Olaf's  handy PvP tips Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Olaf's handy PvP tips
Page 1 of 1